The 1940 US Census was released for public use in April 2012 as digital images.
At this time there is no general index to the images. You will need to know the State, County and Enumeration District (ED) for the family you are researching.
The Village of Interlaken in ED 50-1; the remainder of the Town of Covert is 50-2.
Alphabetical index of all residents in Interlaken and Covert.
Last name, first name, ED (Village of Interlaken or Town of Covert), sheet number and family number.
Transcripts of the Census sheets including
Family number, Last Name, First name, Head and relationship to head
To begin searching for your family throughout the United States click here
The Mission of the Interlaken Historical Society is to:
· establish, maintain and operate museums and a research room for the promotion of local and area history.
· collect and preserve items and books of historical, literary and artistic interest to our community
· publish articles, pamphlets, periodicals and works of historic or literary significance to our area.
· encourage the use of our facilities and resources for research.
· promote the dissemination of historical information through modern technology.
· carry on activities usually associated with a historical society, particularly relating to the history of southern Seneca County and the community of Interlaken.
In order to carry out that Mission, the Interlaken Historical Society needs your help. Do you have pictures of places, events and the people of Covert, Interlaken and southern Seneca County? Do you have memorabilia of events, or pieces of history that you feel should be stored and displayed in a place where others can appreciate and learn from them?